Two town meetings will be held on Thursday, April 19. The first meeting will be a public hearing at 5 p.m. regarding the Lost Mesa Grill liquor license application. The public is invited to address the trustees speaking in favor, expressing a neutral opinion, or opposing the license. The Lost Mesa Grill is currently being renovated in downtown Cedaredge. The building is the former site of Scrambler's Restaurant.
The second town meeting on April 19 is the trustees' regular meeting and it will take place following the liquor license public hearing. The agenda for the regular meeting includes departmental reports from the golf club, public works, police department, and town administrator. There will also be a financial report and a report from the Cedaredge Area Chamber of Commerce. The agenda also includes the following:
• Approval under the consent agenda of liquor license renewals for the 4B's Brewing LLC Brew Pub and The Clubhouse Grill, Inc. 4B's is located in downtown Cedaredge and The Clubhouse Grill is located at the Cedaredge Golf Club. Trustees will also be asked to approve the town financial report and disbursements for March 2018.
• A swearing-in ceremony for trustees beginning new terms of office and swearing-in of Kami Collins as the new town clerk.
• Approval of a resolution to appoint trustee officers and town staff.
• Approval of committee assignments for trustees and town staff. In addition to their trustee and staff duties, town officials serve on some 15 committees covering topics ranging from trees and transportation to planning and zoning.
• Action on the Lost Mesa Grill liquor license and a request for a residential fence permit and approval of a proclamation declaring April 27 as Arbor Day.
• Action may be taken regarding the town's drought response plan and water issues related to the community garden.
Time is allotted at the start and end of all regular board of trustee meetings for constituent comments. Barring special meetings, the trustees meet for work sessions on the second Thursday of each month and for regular meetings on the third Thursday of each month. Meetings begin at 5 p.m. in the Grand Mesa Room at 140 NW 2nd Street in Cedardege.
The public is encouraged to attend.
On Tuesday, Sept. 11, the Delta County Board of Commissioners called a special meeting to consider the board's response to the Bureau of Land Management's preliminary Environmental Assessment (EA) concerning the lease parcels proposed for the December BLM sale.
Several people from the North Fork were present to provide input.