Dahlgren Roberta Andrews died June 25, 2017, at the Collier Hospice Center in Wheat Ridge. She was 95.
Funeral services were held June 30 at the Hotchkiss United Methodist Church with her son Robert Andrews, Rev. Tonya Whaley and former members of the Hotchkiss Order of the Eastern Star officiating. Interment followed at the Riverside Cemetery in Hotchkiss.
Dahlgren Roberta Craig was born in Lazear on Dec. 7, 1921, to Robert and Okle (Stone) Craig. She spent her childhood in Lazear and graduated from Hotchkiss High School in 1938.
On Dec. 3, 1944, she married Wayne "Andy" Andrews. They lived in Lazear in a home built by Mr. Andrews after World War II and were married for 52 years before his death on June 14, 1996.
In the summer of 1967, the Andrews built Andy's Drive-In in Hotchkiss. They operated that business until Mr. Andrews retired in 1978. In addition, Mrs. Andrews was employed by the First State Bank of Hotchkiss for 42 years, and she was the corporate secretary for Rogers Mesa Domestic Water Company. At the age of 92, she fully retired and moved to Lakewood to be closer to family.
Mrs. Andrews was a past member of the Hotchkiss United Methodist Church and an active member of the Hotchkiss Order of Eastern Star for the last 65 years. She held every available office locally and served as Grand Electa of Colorado in 2002-2003.
The Andrews travelled extensively beginning in 1976, both domestically and abroad. Mrs. Andrews also enjoyed four-wheeling with her son in Colorado and crossing Schoefield Pass from Marble to Crested Butte.
She is survived by her son, Robert "Bob" Andrews; and a fraternal twin sister, Delphine Mead of Alamosa.
Memorial contributions may be made by subscribing or donating to the High Country News in Paonia.
Taylor Funeral Service and Crematory is handling the arrangements.
Visit the internet obituary and sign the online guest registry at www.taylorfuneralservice.com.
Thanks to the efforts of state Rep. Millie Hamner, House District 61, Colorado State University plans to re-open the Rogers Mesa research site.
The facility was taken out of operation in 2011, due to budget cuts throughout the CSU system.