The 13th annual Winter Wildlands Alliance Backcountry Film Festival will show in Paonia on Monday, Dec. 18, at the Paradise Theatre. All proceeds benefit The Nature Connection.
The Nature Connection's goal is to inspire our communities to connect to nature through educational opportunities in fun and energized outdoor experiences in order to promote healthy lifestyles. An announcement will be made about the GOCO Inspire Grant award for getting kids connected to the outdoors at this event! Come and hear the good news!
The Backcountry Film Festival is produced by Winter Wildlands Alliance as a celebration of the human-powered experience and a gathering place for the backcountry snowsports community. Winter Wildlands Alliance is a national nonprofit organization that partners with groups like The Nature Connection at the local level to inspire and educate the backcountry community to protect and care for their winter landscapes. Funds raised at each screening stay in the local community to support human-powered recreation and conservation efforts, winter education and avalanche/safety programs and to raise awareness of winter management issues.
Adventure, environment and climate, youth outdoors, ski culture- you'll find it all in this award winning lineup. Films in this year's program include:
• The Space Within, DPS Skis Cinematic, 5 minutes, 28 seconds.
• Ruth Gorge, Noah Howell, 8 minutes, 1 second.
• Below 0, Itai Hagage, 4 minutes, 54 seconds.
• The End of Snow, Jane Zelikova and Morgan Heim, 20 minutes, 35 seconds.
• Follow Through, Anya Miller and Becca Cahall, 21 minutes, 48 seconds.
• Genesis, Ben Sturgulewski and Dan Pizza, 5 minutes, 50 seconds.
• Idaho 12ver Project, Mark Ortiz, 12 minutes, 10 seconds.
• Adventure Not War, Max Lowe, 7 minutes, 35 seconds.
The doors open at 6:30 p.m. and the films begin at 7 p.m. Admission is $10 at the door.