During the July 14 "Celebrate Cedaredge" event, members of Cedaredge's Historical Preservation Board presented plaques commemorating the vintage of local buildings.
Two plaques were presented to the 4B's Brewery and the Cedaredge Pharmacy. Both businesses are located downtown on Main Street and the building housing the two adjacent enterprises has been an active commercial site since 1910. Over the years it has housed, among other things, a theater and an older pharmacy.
Also receiving two plaques was Curtis McCrackin whose building at the corner of Highway 65 and Main Street once housed the First National Bank (1912) and the U.S. Post Office (1913).
In closing the awards ceremony, Brewer reminded the audience that the Historical Preservation Board is actively seeking new members. Citizens interested in serving on the board should contact town hall at 235 W. Main Street, or by calling 970-856-3123.