Sunday, May 12, was a big day for the parishioners of the St. Philips Catholic Mission in Cedaredge and visitors as they celebrated 100 years of praise and worship.
The congregation had plenty to celebrate — communion, confirmation, the blessing of the Ten Commandments monument on the outside of the church; Fr. Canice Enyiaka's 42nd birthday; and Mother's Day.
The land upon which the church stands was donated by the James B. McHugh family on May 1, 1913. Over the past 100 years the church has undergone a name change (from St. Anne's to St. Philip's) and several renovations.
Now, boasting a congregation of more than 150 families, the small church was filled to overflowing with well wishers as the Bishop of the Pueblo Diocese, Fernando Isern, celebrated mass with Fr. Canice Enyiaka (current pastor) and Fr. Dan Huber (Fr. Huber was the church's pastor from 1968-1972) as concelebrants.blog comments powered by Disqus